The control technique to verify the residual thickness of the bottom of the tank, also identifying the corrosioine from the non-walkable side
During the maintenance downtime of a storage tank it is good practice to check the residual thickness of the bottom of the tank. In addition to the usual and punctual thickness checks, it is possible to implement the controls with the technique of magnetic
flux leakage (MFL).
The big advantages of magnetic flux leakage control are:
- Almost complete mapping of the bottom of the tank
- Identification of corrosion on the non-walkable side of the metal sheet faster and
ISPECO is equipped with No. 2 3Di-R Floor Maps and No. 1 Hand-Scan manual for parts that cannot be reached from the Floor Map.
The new 3Di-R Floor Map with the integrated STARS system allows discrimination of surface indications (walkable side - Top side) from indications on the ground (non-walkable side - Botton side), and the scan speed setting.
Checking the bottom of atmospheric tanks.
- Accurate, reliable and fast method.
- Almost complete mapping of the bottom of the tank;
- Identification of corrosion from the non-walkable side (Bottom and Top side) of the sheet.