In the industrial field it is used for the loaded rope control of raising: crane, bridge-laying tanks, winches, etc.
The magneto-inductive control is mandatory for the wire ropes used in the public transport of people: chair lifts, cable cars, funiculars, ski lifts, etc.
In the last years, as indicated in ISO 4309: 2017, the need has emerged for a non-destructive magnetic-inductive control also for the ropes used in industrial equipment with particular reference to the load lifting sector: cranes, bridge cranes, winches, etc. to prevent accidents to people and things, by replacing the rope if it is really necessary.
The advantages of magneto-inductive control:
- it allows an internal and external analysis of the rope;
- indications of damage, interruptions, defects and corrosions;
- guide device with tachometric wheel to provide indication about the position of the defect.
In conclusion, the benefits that the devices used by ISPECO (AMC Instruments) bring to the subjects who use them for the checks are manifold:
- more quality in the service (the search for defects is carried out objectively, with the aid of instruments capable of analyzing both the outside and the inside of the rope);
- more value for the customer (by storing the subsequent acquisitions it is possible to set a predictive maintenance program capable of identifying in advance the moment of cable replacement, planning it appropriately and minimizing downtime on the customer's premises);
- more cost-effectiveness and efficiency (less time required to carry out checks).